Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Waiting

Today I got a phone call from my wife while I was at work and it melted my heart. Maleah, my oldest, got up this morning and went into the kitchen to eat her breakfast when she suddenly burst into tears. Sara could not figure out why she was crying. All she could think was that the back door had been open and that usually means that I am going to be home soon. Maleah let out a cry "Daddy!" She could not console her in anyway so Sara got on the phone and called me so that Maleah could hear my voice. It's really out of character for Maleah to want to talk on the phone to me or anyone for that matter but she got on there and jabbered away for a moment. It seemed to do the trick, she just was missing her daddy. You are probably thinking that this is a wonderful story for the tissue box and a box of chocolates but what does this have to do with me? God put in my heart this revelation. We should be the exact same way for Him. We should wake up in the morning and see that door open. We should be waiting for Him to come through that door. We should be so intent on it. We should want to talk to Him right now. Titus 2:13-14 (ASV) "looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a people for his own possession, zealous of good works." I love this scripture because it is the hope that we soon will see our King of Kings! We should be just like Maleah looking for her dad, anxiously waiting on Him to come through that door. I just want to encourage you with this today, look for that door and be ready for the King to walk right on in.

No comments: